I have a confession to make.
One thing that can really get under my skin is Googling recipes and clicking the link to direct me to a web-page, only for the recipe to be waaaay at the bottom of a really long, detailed post about the why's and the who's and the ins and the outs and the what's of how the recipe was developed.
Honestly, most of the time I just want to see the Ingredients, the Preparation Method, and maybe an appetizing picture or two. I figured that if I feel this way, then many of you equally busy ladies probably feel the same! Soooo I'm going to keep my recipe posts short, simple, and to-the-point.
So without further ado, let's go! 😁
Ingredients for French Toast (makes 2 servings)
- 4 slices of bread (preferably wholewheat, rye, seed, or sourdough - you choose! 😄)
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 125ml low-fat milk
- 2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 2 cups fruit of your choice (apple, blueberries, or strawberries work really well IMO)
- Spices to taste: cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg...it's up to you!
Ingredients for Toast Spread (makes 2 servings)
- 30g (2 TBSP) peanut butter
- 32g (1 heaped scoop) protein powder.
I like chocolate, but you can use whatever flavor you'd like!
- 40g medium or low-fat plain yoghurt.
1. Whisk the eggs, milk and spices together in a bowl until evenly combined.
2. Heat 1 tsp of EVOO in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
3. Dip 2 slices of bread in the egg mixture, evenly coating both sides.
4. Remove any egg mixture that hasn't been absorbed by the bread slices.
5. Place the dipped bread into the pan, then cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly browned (cook for longer if you like yours extra crispy).
6. Transfer completed slices a serving plate and keep warm.
7. Repeat from Step 2 with the other 2 slices of bread.
8. For the Toast Spread: mix the 3 ingredients together until the mixture is completely blended
9. Serve your toast warm, help yourself to fruit and spread, and enjoy!
What are your favorite weekend breakfast and brunch foods?
Love you! 💜